About Dr. Jennifer McGuffey
Jennifer McGuffey, PT, DPT, graduated from The University of Georgia in 2007 with a BA with a double major combination of English and Classical Culture.
Dr. McGuffey earned her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Mercer University in 2013. She also completed her Orthopaedic Residency at Mercer University. Her clinical passions include wellness, pain, and stress.
She currently serves as adjunct faculty at Mercer University in the DPT program where she teaches, writes, and assists in physical therapy research.
Dr. McGuffey, a native of Atlanta, resides in Inman Park with her two dogs, Susan and Charles.
- University of Georgia – BA (English and Classical Culture)
- Mercer University – Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Mercer University Orthopaedic Residency Program
ADVANCED SPECIALIZED TRAINING
- Trigger point dry needling
- Persistent pain
DOCTORAL-LEVEL COURSES TAUGHT
- Research IV
- Gross Anatomy
- Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS)
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIPS
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- APTA – Orthopaedic Section
- APTA – Private Practice Section
- Physical Therapy Association of Georgia (PTAG)
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION ACTIVITIES
- PTAG Legislative Team